Download PAN card correction form
Permanent Account Number (PAN) card is one of the most important documents nowadays, issued by the Income tax Department in electronic format. Having a PAN card is must for every Indian citizen. Considering the regular need of Pan Card, many people are used to carrying it with them and therefore, the chances of wear and tear or even loss etc. are pretty common. However, it’s always better to take early prevention, nevertheless, getting any required corrections/ changes or even reissuing of the Pan Card is an easy and swift procedure, saving a lot of time and energy.
When to apply for PAN card correction
There are a number of errors that may be present in the Pan Card of an individual. Usually, it has been observed that the most common blunder is spelling mistakes in name, date of birth, change in contact address, to name a few. Some of us, might consider it a small errors and feel these details are not that important. But this misconception can create a big problem later or could have a serious effect in further documentation or bank related process. Hence, it is sensible to have them corrected as soon as possible. This can easily be done by utilizing the same PAN application form and providing the correct yet appropriate information. The pan card change form should be completely filled clearly and the boxes which need changes to be done should also be ticked right. Once uploaded, these changes will be executed and the modifications done will be reflected on the other site, despite the Permanent Account Number remaining the same. An updated PAN card details will then be shown and allotted to the applicant, with the same Permanent Account Number.
How to get PAN card details corrected easily
In case any applicant wishes to make any changes or correction in the Pan Card’s information, they will need to follow a set procedure to get it done. Given below are all the steps that an applicant has to follow:
- One must fill the required forms and post them to Alankit's office with all the required supporting documents attached. Download the PAN card correction form.
- Then, our professional executives collect, review the same and go ahead to submit the individual’s application to the PAN Department.
- The person shall receive an acknowledgment slip from our team after the submission is done.
- Alankit conducts the essential follow-ups with the PAN department then as required.
- And finally, the person duly receives their PAN Card within a usual time-period of approx. 15-20 business days.
Documents required for PAN card correction/change
Rectifying any details in the current PAN card or applying for a replica of the Pan Card due to any case of loss or misplacing or even theft requires the applicant to submit the relevant documents to support their pan card correction application form. The required documents vary, depending on if it is for an individual or company or corporate group or any other professional entity, which is applying and the applicant’s nationality.
Documents for Indian Individuals and Hindu Undivided Families
Any Indian person or HUF applying to make changes in the current details in their Pan Card has to submit:
- A valid government approved ID proof copy (either Aadhaar Card or Driving License or Passport, etc.)
- Valid address proof copy (DL, utility bill, domicile certificate, etc.)
- A valid proof of date of birth (Voter ID card, DL, passport, etc.)
- The individual applicants should also provide two passport size photographs with their application.
Business Enterprises or companies having their office in India
Companies and other corporate entities having their running office in India have to provide -
- Their copy of registration allotted by any competent authority as their ID proof.
- Address proof so as to make changes in their PAN.
Business Enterprises or companies having their office only outside India
Such type of corporate entities having no offices in India have to provide -
- Their registration certificate copy which has been allotted in their respective country of given location and also being duly attested by the Indian Embassy/High Commission or any of the authorized officers.
- They are also required to provide their registration certificate copy as sanctioned or allotted by any valid Indian authority.
Documents required for Foreign Citizens
Foreign citizens (residing in India or outside) are needed to provide a valid ID and address proof to sustain their application. It can either be their citizenship identification number or passport copy or copy of PIO card, etc.
Other foreign entities (apart from individuals)
Such entities have to provide a valid ID and address proof both that can either be their respective registration certificate (allotted in the country of applicant) or the Embassy in that country or by the Indian High Commission. The registration certificate copy as sanctioned by the local Indian authorities is also needed to be submitted.
Download PAN card correction form