| National Securities Depository Limited on behalf of Income Tax Department on India (ITD) has established tax information Network (TIN), a repository of nationwide Tax related information. TIN is a initiative by ITD for the modernization of the current system for collection, processing, monitoring and accounting of direct taxes using information technology.
TIN has three key sub-systems:-
Electronic Return Acceptance and Consolidation System (ERACS)
which consists of an infrastructure for interface with the taxpayers (a nationwide network of TIN-Facilitation Centers i.e. TIN-FC) and a web-based utility for upload of electronic returns of Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) & Tax Collection at Source (TCS) and Annual Information Return (AIR) to the central system of TIN.
Online Tax Accounting System (OLTAS)
for daily upload to the central system, the details of tax deposited in various tax collecting branches across the country.
Central PAN Ledger Generation System (CPLGS)
which is the central system that consolidates for each PAN:
- Details of tax deducted/collected on its behalf (TDS/TCS) which is obtained by matching the TDS/TCS returns submitted by the detectors/collectors with the tax deposit (challan) information from the banks,
- Details of the tax deposited (advance tax/self assessment tax) directly by the taxpayer with the bank,
- Details of major expenditure by the PAN holder from the AIR filed by specified entities.
Services through TIN-FC
Through its network of TIN-Facilitation centers all over the country, TIN offers the following services:
- Acceptance of electronic and physical TDS/TCS Returns.
- Processing of new PAN and PAN change request applications.
- Processing of new TAN and TAN change request applications.
- Acceptance of AIR.
- Registration by a PAN holder for viewing its Annual Tax Statement (Form 26AS).
- Quarterly Statement Status - Deductors can access details of their statements including financial details through the TIN-FC who has uploaded their statements.
Acceptance of e-TBAF